Saturday, February 20, 2010

One for the road, one for the trail

The weather has been fairly nice lately, and I've been able to run outside twice since the last time I posted.

I set out on Saturday to run farther and more slowly than I did on Monday, but I did neither. I ran essentially the same route, with a longer loop through Rose Park. Unfortunately, my intestines began acting up as I ran back up to the capitol. At first I thought I could just push through, but by the time I came off of Bonneville Boulevard and onto 11th Avenue I felt like I was risking a potentially embarrassing (and messy) situation. Instead of continuing along 11th Avenue to Virginia Street, I ran straight down B Street and then home. I was disappointed to have to cut my run short, but I stand by my decision.

Yesterday morning I was back on the Bonneville Shoreline Trail. Although the sky was clearer and the trail drier than last time, it was much colder, and my hands were freezing until the sun came out halfway though my run. Still, I ran farther on the trail than I did last time, all the way to the ridge above Ensign Peak. Next time, I think I'll run to the radio towers on the summit.

GPS Report - February 20, 2010

GPS Report - February 23, 2010

2 comments:

me said...

The trots are real...

Abominable's Main Squeeze said...

Your great grandpa Nelson used to run up to Ensign Peak all the time. He would be proud!