Tuesday, March 2, 2010

City Creek: door to door

As expected, my early morning run yesterday left me tired in the afternoon and evening. And even though I went to bed reasonably early and slept reasonably well last night, I didn't feel quite ready to climb out of bed when my alarm went off just before six this morning.

Of course, I did get out of bed, and I did go running as planned, and I'm glad I did. The weather in Salt Lake has been fantastic lately, and this morning was no exception. But because it's still March, that could all change in a second, and it would be a shame to miss an opportunity to get outside.

Anyways, I repeated my run/climb up the west side of City Creek Canyon this morning, but this time I ran to the trailhead. I also continued past the ridge where the trail tops out to the first of three consecutive summits (I'll get to the next two on my next two trail runs). The route to the top is steep enough that running is faster than walking, but there's nothing like a summit to add a sense of closure to a route.

In a little more than one hour, I wound up with just under 8 miles and just over 1,500 feet of climbing.

GPS Report - March 2, 2010

No comments: