Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Fall plans

First, I realize that the details of my training are boring to a lot of people, so I'm going to stop posting training updates here. Besides, I've been posting them somewhere else for the last two months, making updates here redundant. I'll still talk about races, training, and adventures on this blog, but it won't be the focus. I'm not sure what the new focus will be, but I'll come up with something. Or maybe I'll avoid a specific focus and just write about whatever is on my mind. Or maybe I'll run out of ideas and go back to posting training updates. We'll see.

Second, I mentioned last week that I'd been accepted to law school and that the formal acceptance letter, as well as a scholarship offer, were in the mail. They both came today, and I'm happy to say that I've been offered a full-tuition scholarship to BYU's law school. Which pretty much means that's what I'll be up to in the fall.

I haven't committed to anything officially, but it's hard to imagine what it would take to get me to pass up this opportunity. Even if I get accepted to one of the other, more highly ranked programs I've applied to, I doubt any of them will offer to pay my tuition. And even if they did, I'm not sure if it would be worth it for us to leave Catherine's full-time job here in Salt Lake.

I'm excited about going back to school. I'm also a little anxious, especially since I once had a roommate who was a first-year law student. I love my free time, but it looks like I won't have much next year. But the degree will open some doors for me, and I think BYU will be a good fit.

For years I've been saying I'd like to go back to school. It looks like I'm finally going to do it.

2 comments:

me said...

You're the best!

Abominable's Main Squeeze said...

We are so excited and happy for you! Just get through that first year and you'll be fine (or so I hear).

Congratulations!